Recipe: Strawberry Ice Cream
Summer is just around the corner and with summer comes amazing treats to help beat the heat! Just like this amazing strawberry ice cream recipe which is easy to make and even easier to eat. No fancy ice cream maker required!
- 1 pound frozen strawberries
- 1 cup 2-percent plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, sliced, for garnish
- Using a food processor pulse 1 cup of the frozen strawberries until finely chopped. Transfer the chopped berries in a large metal bowl.
- Add in the yogurt, sugar, vanilla and remaining strawberries to the food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine the two bowls and stir until well combined.
- Cover and freeze until firm but not hard. This should take about an hour.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries if you'd like otherwise serve and enjoy!