Hot Yoga Intensive & Teacher Training with Kim McMullen
Kim McMullen pioneered Alberta's hot yoga community by opening the first hot yoga studio in Alberta 12 years ago. She has been conducting hot yoga intensives and teacher trainings for over 9 years and her graduates are among the most well respected and highly recommended in Western Canada and beyond. Kim's 200 hour teacher training is Yoga Alliance registered and internationally recognized.
Level 1 (100 Hour)
Saturdays & Sundays
April 6th to May 5th, 2013
$1,425 + GST
(early bird price $1,295 + GST if paid in full prior to March 2nd)
Registration Now Open
**Course has filled each session, so apply early**
(Level 2 will be held in September)
To submit your application or for any other inquiries, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once application is approved, $250 deposit is required to hold spot. Full payment due 3 weeks prior to start date. Click here for Curriculum & Schedule.
Effective Sunday, January 27th, we are adding Yoga Sculpt to our McKenzie Towne non-heated schedule as follows:
Yoga Sculpt is a total body workout designed to sculpt every major muscle group and blast calories by combining light weights with yoga postures. This intense but easy to follow workout is the perfect complement to your regular yoga practice and will give you long, lean muscles and a calm, centred mind. All levels are welcome and if you don't want to use the weights, you don't have to!
Pre-Natal Partner Yoga
Sunday, Jan 20th - 4-6pm
This workshop is great for both partners to connect with baby and to learn how to keep mom comfortable through all stages of pregnancy. You will learn some great postures that contribute to the health and wellness of both mom and baby.
$50 + GST per couple
(1 mat per couple)
Valentine's Day Partner Yoga
Thursday, Feb 14th - 7:30-9:30pm
Looking for something different to do on Valentine's Day this year? Join instructors Jen Muller and Eric Pattison as they guide you through a 2 hour Partner Yoga Workshop. This class is not just for couples. Come with your spouse or your friend. There's sure to be a tonne of laughs!
$20/person + GST
You can register online under Workshop/Programs or in the studios. Act quickly, you don't want to miss them!
Breathe Rules & Etiquette Reminder
- Classes are starting to fill up, so we encourage you to register online at www.breathehotyoga or by using our free App. Keep in mind that you must arrive at least 10 minutes prior to class or your spot will be given away.
- Late arrivals will no longer be permitted. You must arrive at least five minutes prior to class time.
- Shoes are to be removed on the carpet by the shoe racks. Many of you own the same Ugg boots, so please use our Ugg Charms. Place one around your boots to ensure you leave with the same ones you arrived with.
- Please wait to scan your key fob until a staff member gives you the go-ahead. If there is a line-up, you must wait in line unless you have registered online in advance. If you have registered in advance, come on up to the front of the line so the girls can check you into class.
- Voices should be kept to a whisper when in the hallways and bathrooms.
- To free up sitting space in the change rooms, place your bags on the top shelves or under the benches, not on the benches.
- The hot room is a stress-free place of relaxation and meditation. There are no personal items allowed and you will be asked to remove them (other than your mat, towel and water).
- No talking is permitted once inside the hot room. This applies before, during and after class. Please respect your fellow yogis.
- If you're new to yoga, we ask that you place your mat in the middle or back row so you can learn from the more experienced yogis at the front (the front row is closest to the mirrors).
- Align the front centre of your mat with the blue "Breathe" floor stickers. This ensures there is room for everyone and that mats are properly spaced within the 3 rows.
- Mats are personal sacred ground. Never touch, move or walk on another yogi's mat.
- Do not place your water bottle or towel in the hot room candle niches. They should be placed on the floor beside your mat.
- Do not wipe your mat with the cold cloths. They are meant for faces, not mats.
- Heat amplifies smells, so please refrain from wearing heavy perfumes, colognes or smoking before class. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to rinse off in our showers before entering the hot room.
- For the safety of all Breathe yogis, we do not allow any glass water bottles on the premises.
Breathe Wellness Centre
Our experienced team of RMTs are always ready and waiting to offer you a treatment at McKenzie Towne! Click here to view our services and book your treatment today!